Sunday, March 11, 2012

McDonald's is Gay

How do I start?
I probably can't without getting hazed by your perspective.

First, you only have to watch Food Inc. and Supersize Me to realize that McD's is McBAD!

The Pink stuff is not Moisturizer.  It's foreign.  It's Toxic.


Now take a moment and google for yourself what might be in that burger patty or the hot dog you're having tonight. (I said what MIGHT BE. If McD's can do this, then who knows...)  Hot Dogs might taste great.  I love the taste of Hot Dogs.  But as my friend once said, "The finest Lips and Assholes" is not something in which I want to indulge.

Since going vegan, I rarely eat out.  One evening, I went to Cheddar's here in Norman Oklahoma and scanned the menu for some options.  I didn't want to complicate it for the 20 year-old college student serving me, so I ordered french fries and steamed broccoli - no butter.  My friends ordered straight from the menu.  In the end, they were so full they could barely comprehend the drive home.  I was fine.  I was full, but I knew I would be simmering with energy in about 20 minutes without any hindering stomach bulge.

For some reason that broccoli broke me a new one(yes, in the butt area).  Not sure why, but I had a bad stomach ache shortly after.  Probably because I ate so much raw greens.  I digress.

I often visit a site that discusses food and we often touch on the Fast Food arena.  McDonald's is an American staple for almost anyone aged 3 to 63.  The Happy Meal?  It used to make me happy and it continues to keep them happy now.  McD's is good at pulling us in.

I won't argue that certain items on the menu don't taste good.  McDonald's Fries?  It used to be something that I philosophically backed as perfection.  I've learned since then that most of our fast food(and, largely, all of our restaurant food) is so involved in the mass production realm of American food that in order to fathom it's quality -- well, watch Food Inc.........

It Boils down to a couple of things. If you want to keep eating McDonald's, go ahead.  If it tastes great to you, why wouldn't you?  But do your research.  If you still want to eat it after that, you are simply what I define as someone who has decided.

DECIDED.  There is no information that will change your mind.

It's difficult.  And I'm not judging anyone on that fact.  As a Vegan, I will visit Taco Bell when I'm near broke and limited monetarily.  The Burrito without cheese is Vegan.  .99 cents and you can't beat that except for home cooking.   So do what you're gonna do.  I'm not perfect either.  Taco Bell is quickly becoming a place I will not visit.  Beans are cheap.

We all have this dilemma.  We all have our vices.  I have many as well.  Did I mention "Clumsy?"

But if you are reading this and saying that you will never be vegan, I beg you to keep reading about it.
If you don't change your mind, I hope you find something great for your health and for global health.  Do as much research as you can.

BUT, if you think Veganism is "gay," and you use terms like that, then maybe gay has a new meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment