Monday, May 11, 2015

Chickpea Cashew Coconut Curry with Spinach

And... We're back!

It's been a while, since I posted last.  But my friends, curry never goes bad and I'm aging well.  Thus, I'm getting back into the mix!  Let's cook.

 I think I may just dab a bit of curry on my neck before work.  Kidding - I won't, but I love it enough to make such a threat. Cue sandalwood instead.  It blows my mind how many times I mention curry only to find that most people still do not know what the hell it is.  Curry is not a spice.  Curry is not a sap that one derives from a plant.  Curry is a mixture of spices/vegetables/herbs and it can be in various combinations and amounts.  Not only is the idea of curry so foreign to some that they shy away from it, but it seems that it simply does not jibe with their palettes.  That's very unfortunate for a mouth's existence because I find dishes utilizing curry to be some of the most enjoyable in life.  My tongue loves it and so does my belly.  This is what the dish I be cookin' looks like:


That bowl isn't all that clean on the sides because half of it is gone.  I'll not take credit for its creation, so here is the recipe I referenced:  Chickpea Cashew Coconut Curry

It is important to note, I did not follow the recipe word for word.  I didn't have all of the ingredients and I made 1.5 times the listed amount.  I also added spinach just because I freakin' love spinach.  So in order to make this a little easier, you can watch me make the delicious dish.  Proper cooking:





No comments:

Post a Comment