Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Healthy Heart

Without it, everything else suffers.
I don't feel like I need to go into what a healthy diet contains.  If you're vegan, you're probably doing your research and you already know that an ample amount of vegetables, fruits, nuts/seeds, and legumes are weighted heavily on the grocery list. If you're not vegan, there are many online resources.
But something I discovered early on was that there are a couple of items that will have an immediate, positive effect on the cardiovascular system.  Who doesn't need that?
I said I would discuss the two spices that will immediately work to lower your overall cholesterol level.
So here they are:
Cayenne and Cinnamon

You likely have these spices in your cabinet right now.  Use them.  Use them in ample amounts.


When I say ample amounts, I mean a teaspoon or more - several times a day if you can.
These spices do wonders for your heart by opening the vascular system and providing ample blood flow.  They also scavenge free radicals from the blood stream and contain many essential minerals.  The benefits are outstanding.  The recommended fashion for optimal ingestion is to add a teaspoon of one or the other to a glass of warm water.  I have yet to try doing this with cinnamon, but I do this with Cayenne on a daily basis.  It is one of the reasons that my cholesterol level is quite good and at one time it lowered my Blood pressure below the healthy average.  You can feel its invigorating effects as you're drinking it.
Note, though, that using a teaspoon on the first glass is not recommended.  Try to work your way up to that amount per dose.  The burning is very present, but it will also work to rebuild the lining of the stomach if there is any damage.(Also prepare for some uncomfortable bowel movements for the first few days.)  I would recommend working up to an amount that is comfortable for you.  I think you will notice that you will likely add more and more with each dosage, however, be warned that Cinnamon has been known to increase the heart rate.  Listen to your body.

I've read that Cayenne can stop  heart attack on the spot.  Though I've never seen or experienced this, it wouldn't surprise me.  See the below links for ample amounts of info on these two Miracle spices:

CAYENNE PEPPER BENEFITS

CINNAMON BENEFITS

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment