Friday, December 30, 2011

Digestion

I'll make this as easy to take as I can.  Talking about doing the deed(#2) is not something people like to read, but it's a health issue, so I think it should be covered.


I've been a little constipated over the last few days (1st week). I'll also add that I'm very gassy.  Many times I've thought, "I really need to go," and I find that most of it is air.  I haven't been on a shopping trip yet, so I haven't added the multiple vegetables that I would like to be eating.  I can imagine that gas will still be an issue when I UP the veggie intake.


However, I will say that I can feel "Movement" like I haven't felt in a while.  I really think that this vegan change in my diet is moving built up matter that has been settling for a few years now.


I accomplished the 10 day Lemonade fast back in 2007. I know when things are changing down THERE.  That experience was very difficult, but I will admit, the result in the end cannot be matched.  I felt amazing.  My documentation of that experience on the web is long gone.  But I can tell you it sucked until day 9 or 10.  After that, I though I might never eat again.  Obviously that's crazy - but the point is I was detoxed, clean, and felt amazing.  I'm hoping for a similar experience with going vegan.


Today (Day 10) I went #2 about 4 times in a 3 hour period.  As before, It was mostly air, but I still produced.


What have I been eating since Christmas?  Mainly Dahl(yellow split peas) and Indian curry with vegetables and brown basmati rice.  Of course, beer should be included as I've had a lot of that.  In fact I'm drinking beer as I type this. :)


So take what you can from that.  Everything is still working and as I reduce my beer intake over the next few weeks, I imagine my movements will regulate.


Regulators, Mount up!



No comments:

Post a Comment