Thursday, January 5, 2012

Vegenaise (Day16)

The Holidays are over and I'm back to work.
It's hard to believe that I'm barely over two weeks into Veganism.  As I said before, the Holidays were a real struggle.  But over the last few days, since balancing out my meals and cutting out the beer intake, things are becoming more stable.

Here are a few things I've noticed over the last few days:

Pros-

1. Sleeping better
2. Mental fog throughout the day is clearing up
3. Better mental focus for longer periods of time
4. Back pain and other aches have reduced (at least the awareness of)
Cons-
1. Constipation (not painful but noticeable)
2. Difficulty controlling mood


Otherwise, I have no complaints.  Over the Holidays, I was eating a lot of stuffing, Potatoes, and other various starchy/sugary foods that probably didn't aid in digestion.  I imagine that my recent changes since going back to work will show an improvement in that area.  Here is what I've been eating over the last few days:

Breakfast: Raisin Bran with Vanilla soy Milk
Lunch: Spring Mix/Romaine salad with some raw vegetables and Vegan Ranch( more on that in a sec), Split Pea soup with Curry, and some crackers and Almond butter for a snack
Dinner: Salad or Black Bean soup with tortilla chips, Guacamole and Salsa
Dessert: Coconut Milk based Ice cream

The whole vegetbales, Split peas, and black beans are really helping to get things moving.
On the subject of Vegan Ranch, I have to say that having creamy sauces, dressings, or even cheese is something that I have a hard time giving up.  Thankfully, vegan foods over the last 20 years have come a LONG way.

Mayo is one of my favorite condiments.  I've tried 3 or 4 vegan brands and nothing Compares to Vegenaise, period.  We use it to make homemade ranch and various other creamy sauces and I thank God for its existence.  The same goes for Daiya Cheese.  It tastes great and actually melts!  You couldn't say that about vegan cheese a few years ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment