Monday, January 30, 2012

Inflammation (Day42)

I mentioned in a previous post, or in the "What's up with this Vegan Blog?" page, that I dealt with Bursitis in my hip.  It's important to mention this because it's a problem that began in approximately October or November 2010.  That's fairly recent and, thus, I can recognize subtle changes in how bad or good my hip may feel on any particular day.

Since the problem began, and for the life of me I have no idea how I developed the condition, there have been days when I could hardly walk it hurt so bad.  I recall taking a day off work about a year ago because I couldn't stand.  So the pain and inflammation would flare up and then go away and I never really knew when it would be tolerable or not.  I can tell you that if I tweaked it in any way, I was looking forward to a bad week.

However, since going Vegan, not only has it improved, I honestly can't remember a day when it was in any way "bad."  In fact, this became extremely apparent yesterday when I went walking for about 2 hours.  I could feel that my hip was tight, but it wasn't painful.  It felt like it just needed stretching.  Bursitis can take a long time to heal depending on the severity or reason for the inflammation.  Stretching is of utmost importance.
But I seem to recall in the film "Forks over Knives" and/or reading somewhere that inflammation was connected with Dairy consumption.

So with a simple google search using "inflammation" and "Dairy," the first hit brings us over to another BlogSpotter where you will find the connection and a few other good points.  I can attest to what Jenni is saying in that post.  I used to have joint pain all of the time.  It didn't feel like Arthritis.  It felt like aching, but it was daily.  For the most part, all of that B.S. has gone packing and I can relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment