Friday, January 6, 2012

Weight Loss? (Day17)

I fell asleep last night no later than 10pm.  That is outrageously early for me, so I'm a little excited about that.  Though I could have slept longer this morning, I am now at work and I feel great.  I usually feel pretty good on Fridays no matter the circumstance, but today is different.  It's 7:59 am and I am teeming with energy.....
__________________
Weight loss?


If you do any research on the web about Veganism, you'll likely come across many people inquiring about whether going vegan will help them lose weight.  In my opinion, weight loss is not a primary reason for going vegan. But if a vegan diet is done wisely, weight loss is almost a given (assuming the person is overweight).  However, One can easily devour a package of Oreos and Club crackers and remain vegan - they'll also be eating a ton of processed and artificial foods.  This isn't healthy and it won't help you lose weight. I'll admit that I indulge in some of these items, but for the most part I try include fresh vegetables and whole foods where possible.  And that approach will be key in shedding the extra weight while improving overall health. 


I would say that after 17 days, I've probably lost 5 or 6 pounds.  This is difficult to measure because I'm quite sure that water weight is shifting due to going vegan.  I imagine I'll shed more pounds over the next few weeks and probably find a balance after I've lost a total of 10-15 pounds or so.


So last night, my lady made Whole wheat pasta with a vegan pesto sauce mixed with spinach and artichoke along with some homemade wheat bread with garlic and vegan butter.  


Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment