Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tough Sleep (Day43)

Yesterday afternoon I was bopping around work like some sort of freak. I felt like someone had slipped some adrenaline into my water because I couldn't stop making noise, couldn't stop talking and I couldn't stop moving.  Granted, I got a lot done, but I was a little in awe of my energy level.  I hadn't had any coffee since 8 am.

Last night was a bit difficult.  Normally, I would be tired around 6-7 pm, and getting to bed around 9 or 10 would work out just fine.  I fell asleep without a problem, but staying asleep was the issue.  In fact, I woke up once at 1:30am and damn near jumped up to get ready for work until I looked at my watch.
I consider this a good thing and a bad thing.  I need to get enough sleep, there is no doubt about that - especially because I'm using this newfound energy and focus to study more and catch up on the knowledge I need to advance my career.  But if I have so much energy that I can't stay asleep, the problem has to be one of 2 things:
Either I need to reduce my caffeine intake, or I need to excerpt more energy during the day.
Since I only drink 2 or 3 cups of coffee a day (between 6 and 9am) I'm guessing that caffeine is not the problem.  Clearly I need to start jogging/walking and working out everyday.  I've been wanting to, especially now that I've lost ten pounds, I just haven't gotten around to it.  I suppose my body telling me that it's time to get into gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment